As some of you know, I gracefully and skillfully crashed my computer a couple weeks ago and am now a prisoner to our house's computer room. We discovered that the small computer room also has a separate AC unit, keeping it quite cool when the rest of the house is sticky and gross. The room has been dubbed the "ice cave," and it is actually quite pleasant. Some of the other frequenters call me the Queen of the Ice Cave, but for me, it's not about the title. I choose to honor my status by breaking all the Minesweeper records on all the computers in here. To each his/her own.
I finished my first midterm this afternoon, as well as a Thai quiz. I wrote an essay about the role of women in the Vietnam War (this was for my Women in Southeast Asia class). As I did the readings, I realized that in my 13 years in public school and my 3 in college, I have yet to learn about the Vietnam War. At all. The cool thing about this is that my first accounts and descriptions of the war are from the Vietnamese perspective! It's actually really interesting, and I'm prepared to find out exactly what our (US) media does and does not censor. The media here is really interesting in general, especially with respect to the US and its foreign policy. They don't add fluff to anything - we hear about everything, especially the recession, as it is. CNN World also features the vaguest news ticker in recorded history. I can't remember the really good ones right now, but they're typically along the lines of "7 wounded in pet market" or "Italians win upset victory."
The real reason I posted this was to put up my address, which took long enough, I know. I'd be careful about sending things too late, though, as I am only at this address until March 27. I much prefer email, anyway, but...
Chaiyapruk Village
7/131 Salathamsop, Taweewattana Rd.
Bangkok, Thailand 10170
P.S. Send me your address if you want a postcard or something. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment